The deadline for awards applications is Friday, 1 December, 2017, 6.00pm CEST. The criteria, which include instructions on the electronic application process, are available below. Applicants are advised to read the criteria and application process carefully to ensure that all required documents are included with the submission through the online platform and received no later than 1 December, 2017, 6.00pm CEST. Notification of the Selection Committee’s decisions will be communicated to all applicants at the end of January 2018, and award recipients will be formally recognised at the Global Markets Awards ceremony at the Global Food Safety Conference on Wednesday 7 March, 2018, in Tokyo, Japan.
All applications for the GFSI Global Markets Awards 2018 must be submitted electronically at http://awards.mygfsi.com/
Emailed or mailed copies sent to the GFSI Headquarters will not be accepted. Please follow the instructions carefully to avoid oversights. Any inquiries about the awards should be addressed to Anne Gerardi, GFSI Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
AWARDS BENEFITS DESCRIPTION
The greenfence sponsorship of the GFSI Global Markets Awards 2018 will provide travel funding and attendance for the Global Food Safety Conference and Discovery Tours 2018 for one representative of each of the four regional winners. The conference will take place in Tokyo, Japan from 6 to 8 March, with the Discovery Tours on 5 March 2018.
Attendance at GFSI’s Global Food Safety Conference will provide acknowledgment and networking opportunities for the awards recipients at this unique annual event which brings together over 1,000 leading food safety specialists from more than 50 countries to advance food safety globally.
The aim of the Discovery Tours is to provide Global Food Safety Conference delegates with unique insight into how an operation prioritises and manages food safety on a daily basis. Delegates have the opportunity to ask questions as well as the possibility to take photos (where appropriate and agreed in advance with the facility).
Visits to an array of local sites enable delegates to discover food safety along the supply chain. Hosts will provide delegates with opportunities for questions, discussion and explanations about running local operations.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR NOMINEES
The mandatory eligibility criteria (for the full eligibility criteria description, please see the dedicated table below) specify that a company:
- Is a food and/or beverage company
- Has an annual revenue under $250,000 USD
- Is on a food safety journey with noticeable developments
- Has an Food Safety Management System and implementation evidence of this FSMS
- Has a third-party conformity assessment
The additional criteria are not mandatory and any applicant can be eligible to participate with no additional criteria submitted. Eligibility criteria account for 100 points of the total possible scoring and the additional criteria account for 20 additional points of possible scoring.
Previous recipients of the Global Markets Award will not be eligible.
After having filled in and submitted a completed nomination form on the dedicated website, please download the following in the nomination package:
- A statement for being a Manufacturer or Primary Producer in the Food and Beverage Industry
- An executive summary (700-1,000 words) illustrating the company’s food safety, to be signed by the company management
- Letters of support* (maximum two) including an endorsement from a Retailer, Manufacturer, or Food Service
- Evidence of use of the Global Markets Programme:
- A Self-assessment report from the Global Markets Programme of Basic or Intermediate level
- The description of how developing and implementing a FSMS including description of a recall management (if a recall happened) and at least one evidence of the company’s food safety management system in practice
- One third-party assessment report confirming conformity with the Global Markets Programme Basic or Intermediate level (assessment to look at conformity of the assessment)
AWARDS TRAVELLING GUIDELINES
- GFSI does not allow customer or peer nominations, only self-nominations are allowed
- An executive summary (700-1000 words) illustrating the journey of the company to full certification that will be published on the GFSI website (mygfsi.com) and in GFSI communication and marketing materials (only for the award recipients)
- If required, recipients will secure passport and visa for travel.
- Fees for passports and visas are reimbursable. A letter of support can be provided upon request to apply for a passport/visa.
- The recipients will plan to arrive and be rested for attendance at the Discovery Tour on at 8:30am onMonday 5th March, 2018 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Travel award is not transferable to another person.
- Recipients will be responsible for making economy-fare airline travel arrangements.
- Detailed instructions will be provided prior to travel regarding reimbursement for airfare, transfers and meals. (NOTE: Reimbursement will not include an allowance for out-of-pocket meals as all meals arrangements will be taken by TheCGF)
- Fees for rental cars for travel during GFSC 2018 will not be reimbursed.
- Recipients may be asked at the time of check-in to provide cash or an active credit card to be placed on hold for any incidentals charged to the room.
- GFSC registration will be paid directly by The CGF for the five recipients.
- Hotel reservation (for single occupancy) will be made and paid directly by The CGF.
- The reservation will be made in the recipient’s name for arrival on Sunday, 4th March 2018 (Saturday, 3rd March, for those traveling from outside Asia), with departure on Thursday, 8 March 2018.
- The CGF will arrange all meals for the recipients.
- The CGF will arrange travel on-site in Tokyo.
Recipients may be asked at the time of check-in to provide cash or an active credit card to be placed on hold for any incidentals charged to the room.