The deadline for awards applications is Wednesday, 26 September 2018, 6.00pm CEST. The criteria, which include instructions on the electronic application process, are available below. Applicants are advised to read the criteria and application process carefully to ensure that all required documents are included with the submission through the online platform and received no later than 26 September 2018, 6.00pm CEST. Notification of the Selection Committee’s decisions will be communicated to all applicants at the end of December 2018, and award recipients will be formally recognised at the Global Markets Awards ceremony at the Global Food Safety Conference in Nice, France from 25-28 February 2019.
All applications for the GFSI Global Markets Awards 2019 must be submitted electronically at http://awards.mygfsi.com/
Emailed or mailed copies sent to the GFSI Headquarters will not be accepted. Please follow the instructions carefully to avoid oversights. Any inquiries about the awards should be addressed to Mia Masson, GFSI Coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
AWARDS BENEFITS DESCRIPTION
The greenfence sponsorship of the GFSI Global Markets Awards 2019 will provide travel, meals and accommodation funding and attendance for the Global Food Safety Conference for one representative of each of the four regional winners. The conference will take place in Nice, France from 25-28 February 2019.
Attendance at GFSI’s Global Food Safety Conference will provide acknowledgment and networking opportunities for the awards recipients at this unique annual event which brings together over 1,200 leading food safety specialists from more than 50 countries to advance food safety globally.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR NOMINEES
The mandatory eligibility criteria (for the full eligibility criteria description, please see the dedicated table below) specify that a company:
- Is a food and/or beverage company
- Has an annual revenue under $50,000 USD
- Is on a food safety journey with noticeable developments
- Has an Food Safety Management System and implementation evidence of this FSMS
- Has a third-party conformity assessment
- Has evidence of the company's journey through the GFSI Global Markets Programme toolkit
The additional criteria are not mandatory and any applicant can be eligible to participate with no additional criteria submitted. Eligibility criteria account for 100 points of the total possible scoring and the additional criteria account for 20 additional points of possible scoring.
Previous recipients of the Global Markets Award will not be eligible.
After having filled in and submitted a completed nomination form on the dedicated website, please download the following in the nomination package:
- A statement for being a Manufacturer or Primary Producer in the Food and Beverage Industry
- An executive summary (700-1,000 words) illustrating the company’s food safety, to be signed by the company management
- Letters of support* (maximum two) including an endorsement from a Retailer, Manufacturer, or Food Service
- Evidence of use of the Global Markets Programme:
- A Self-assessment report from the Global Markets Programme of Basic or Intermediate level
- The description of how developing and implementing a FSMS including description of a recall management (if a recall happened) and at least one evidence of the company’s food safety management system in practice
- One third-party assessment report confirming conformity with the Global Markets Programme Basic or Intermediate level (assessment to look at conformity of the assessment)
AWARDS TRAVELLING GUIDELINES
- GFSI does not allow customer or peer nominations, only self-nominations are allowed
- An executive summary (700-1000 words) illustrating the journey of the company to full certification (if applicable) that will be published on the GFSI website (mygfsi.com) and in GFSI communication and marketing materials (only for the award recipients)
- If required, recipients will secure passport and visa for travel.
- Fees for passports and visas are reimbursable. A letter of support can be provided upon request to apply for a passport/visa.
- The recipients will plan to arrive and be rested for attendance at Day One of the GFSI conference on 25 February 2019.
- Travel award is not transferable to another person.
- Detailed instructions will be provided prior to travel regarding reimbursement for airfare, transfers and meals.
- Fees for rental cars for travel during GFSC 2019 will not be reimbursed.
- Recipients may be asked at the time of check-in to provide cash or an active credit card to be placed on hold for any incidentals charged to the room.
Consumer Goods Forum Responsibilities:
- GFSC registration will be paid directly by the CGF for the five recipients.
- Hotel reservation (for single occupancy) will be made and paid directly by The CGF.
- The reservation will be made in the recipient’s name for arrival on Sunday 24 February 2019 (Saturday, 23 February, for those traveling from North and South America, Asia and Africa.), with departure on Thursday, 28 February 2019.
- The CGF will arrange all meals for the recipients.
- The CGF will arrange travel on-site in Nice.
Recipients may be asked at the time of check-in to provide cash or an active credit card to be placed on hold for any incidentals charged to the room.